To get the proper fit and size for a women's rash guard top, follow these steps:
- Determine your size: Rash guards typically come in standard sizes such as small, medium, large and XLarge. Use a measuring tape to measure your bust, waist, and hips, and then consult the size chart provided by the manufacturer to determine your size. If you are between sizes, you may opt for the larger size.
- Consider the purpose: Think about the purpose of the rash guard. If you plan to wear it for swimming, surfing, or other water sports, you may want a snug fit to prevent the fabric from riding up or causing irritation. If you plan to wear it for sun protection or as a cover-up, you may want a looser fit for comfort.
- Check the fabric: Look for rash guards made from stretchy, quick-drying fabrics such as nylon or spandex. The fabric should feel comfortable against your skin and allow for ease of movement.
- Try it on: If possible, try on the rash guard before buying it. Or check a potential new brand's rash guard style and measurements against one you already have. If the measurements are the same, chances are, it will fit you as well. Check for a snug fit around the arms, chest, and waist. The fabric should not be too tight or too loose. Move your arms around to ensure that the rash guard allows for full range of motion.
- Check the length: Rash guards come in various lengths, from cropped to full coverage. Consider your body type and personal preference when choosing the length. If you have a longer torso, look for a rash guard with extra length to ensure it does not ride up.